Salads! Not really your fav you say. Well, I want to share some info. that I pray will add Salads to your list of Favs. Have you checked out how many types of Great salads there are? Thank God for creative chefs, Google, Pinterest, Chef shows, and You Tube. We actually have no excuse not to seek and find Salads that will aid in a healthier lifestyle choices. Need a cleanse, check out Greens…they are the way to cleanse. Yep salads are key to healthy dining, that is if you don’t load them down with unhealthy side choices. examples: Too much cheese, notice I didn’t say no cheese, too much creamy style salad dressings, meat, and Salty seasonings to name a few. I won’t go on and on about these side choices as, I know, You know in your mind and heart what takes away from the benefits of the greens. So I pray & encourage you to make Salads part of your weekly choice of dining. At least twice a week. smile Check out the website below for just a few good reasons.
One of my most Fav salads is the Chilled Summer Salad. It’s a quick and easy salad after a long days work. This is super Great when you grow your own veggies to make the salad however, whether you grew them or bought them fresh at market, this is a tasty, filling, and quick to fix salad. smile
- 4 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- 4 medium Roma or plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 2 ounces feta cheese (about 1/2 cup), crumbled
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the kernels off the cobs into a large bowl. You should have about 3 cups kernels. (you can use frozen thawed of course) Add the tomatoes, onion, feta, basil, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. And even better is Leftovers will keep in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Or Did you know you can even make a salad pizza style? This is one of my favs/ the Spinach Frittata: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/spinach-and-feta-frittata-recipe-2108113
Below is the site mentioned above that tells you some benefits of Greens!
Ya’ll have a Great Day and hope you enjoy the salad suggestions.