Today my post is to plant “Natural” seeds of mood enhancement. To do this I must begin with this statement:
More and more each day I hear of people seeking a quick fix Pill for mood enhancement. Even putting their young children on a pill to “calm” them so they are more “manageable”. Now in some cases and certain times I know their is real need for medication to stabilize a person’s mood or chemical levels. But, Not at the percentage of people on something there is in the world today. And parents ” Hello” children are supposed to be full of energy and active. And as parents we are called to give them Active things to do, not just sit calmly in front of a TV or computer. Hiding or “running” with a pill is not a solution & all to often has many other adverse side affects. We wonder what is going on with everyone’s ” attitude” – that is one of the side effects of many of the “mood enhancers” out there today…a dullness or numbing of “emotions” Enough said, I am sure you get my drift here. So on that note, if you are still with me, here are some “natural seeds to plant in your inner garden, cultivate and will most assuredly bear the good fruit of enhancing your mood & your children’s mood as well.
1. LOVE – on a personal note ” speak Love and Life ” to yourself and your children. Proverbs 23:7 “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he…” What word seeds are you planting & cultivating within and without in your kingdom?
2. Vitamin D – Feelin’ blue take a walk and get a little SUN, Kids anxious and won’t sit still – take them outside to PLAY! And better yet, YOU play with them. They will Love the “time” with you and between the sun and activity you will both gain many benefits from the activity and the Sunlight. Here are just a few other benefits of the SUN ” in Moderation of course” Sunlight and whole foods send breast cancer into remission – The sun’s light kills bad bacteria – Sunlight can CURE Depression: Sunlight deprivation can cause a condition called seasonal affective disorder (SAD), a form of depression. It is more common in winter months, but also common in people who work long hours in office buildings – This is one I suffer from and can testify the “truth” in this statement. Live where it is cloudy a lot try Ott lites – they do help a lot. For more info on the benefits of Sun check out his site: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-5999/10-Healing-Benefits-of-the-Sun.html
3. Foods – what you eat daily Does affect your chemical balance…garbage in creates the Blahs..good food in bears good fruit both within and without and that’s the truth. Studies show some vitamins and minerals—like vitamin B—can boost your mood. Like one study proved omega-3 fatty acids have a therapeutic benefits in depressed children. If you begin when children are young feeding them well balanced foods with appropriate nutrients they will LOVE those foods and you will reap the benefits of a healthier and Happier child. A good dinner to share with your family full of omega 3’s is: Salmon Salad With Vinaigrette – you can of course look up a recipe online. Another great source online with Healthy tips for the Body is my daughters site: http://www.bountifulbotanical.com/ . It is full of insightful tips on that will plant GOOD Seeds of Love within you. As her site says, ” you will always find something beautiful in the garden” (that is within and without)
4. Speaking of gardens, Grow some of your own herbs and veggies. It is not only healthier but, very therapeutic to garden and it is a good way to get some sunlight and ” have Fun” with your child. No yard. No worries you can grow in pots on the patio and EVEN indoors. They have Small greenhouses these days which take up very little space. I have a lot growing and I live in a One bedroom apartment with a small balcony. And my friend, who suffers with severe chemical imbalances, is growing all sorts of stuff in one small corner of her patio. And I can testify again I have seen a real difference in her inner garden since she began all the plating and growing of the outer garden.
5. Last but not least, planting of His WORD – Be aware of what ” Words” you are allowing to be planted in your garden, to grow, and be spoken out of your mouth. One out and share in “others” gardens these powerful seeds can most definitely decrease or increase your moods. Words can create dry bones or bring Life with the Watering of the Word. Proverbs 18:19-21 A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle.
18:20 A man’s belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
18:21 Death and Life are in the power of the tongue: More than any seeds planted Our Words affect Our Mood and the moods of all those we encounter. WE with our Words can be mood enhancers. Just think about how you feel when Loving, positive words are spoken to you and by you. Now think about how negative words affect your mood.
Life is ” all about choices” and now it is your choice – what seeds are you seeking to plant? How much do you love yourself and those you Love? A quick pill fix is not an answer it is a deceiving lie with consequences. Love thyself..seek HIM, pull out those weeds of darkness choking you and yours out. Choose the “natural seeds” found within and without in God’s creation and bear good fruit both within and without. There are answers and promises in the Word & His creation here on Earth that work IF you work them.. OF this too I can testify.
Have a Blessed day. IF there are any errors in my words today, I apologize but, I gotta go get ready for church an listen to some ” mood enhancing ” Word !